Eastbourne Trackstar Half Marathon
15 May 2021
Saturday 15 May 2021, 9:30am. Please see main website for the latest details www.eastbournemarathon.co.uk
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make sure Trackstar goes ahead in 2021. We are delighted to confirm that Trackstar will take place on Saturday 15 May 2021, in line with any restrictions or guidelines at the time. We have had to make a number of changes to the event to ensure Covid security. For ease they are bullet-pointed at below. We cannot confirm all facilities at the venue will be in use at this time.
- Full marathon will be in lanes 1-3, based on lane 1 distance of 400 metres 105.5 laps.
- Half marathon will be in lanes 4-6, based on lane 4 distance of 421 metres 50.12 laps.
- Rolling starts
- The full marathon will start FROM 9:30 – 10:00 in small groups. The half marathon will start once all of the marathon runners have started FROM approximately 10:00 – 10:30 in small groups. The starts will be chip timed.
- Runners must be self sufficient in terms of water and fuel. Space will be set aside for you to set up a small table on the back straight
- Registration will be outdoors. Face coverings must be worn at registration, and we recommended they be worn before and after the event
- Hand sanitiser must be used after contact with another person or an item another person has handled. Such as when picking up your number and timing chip
- Your details will be kept for track and trace purposes
- Please keep spectators to a minimum. Spectators will be required to give contact details and observe the same guidlines as everybody else in the venue.
Many things will change between now and May. Things may get better, things may get worse. We feel we are currently in a position to put on a safe and successful event as the overall picture improves.
Eastbourne Sports Park, Cross Levels Way, Eastbourne, East Sussex
Cross Levels Way
Registration open from: 08:30:00